To create this website, I made the original image half the width it was to start with, so that half the screen would be the band, while the other half would be the links to other pages. I then made the background of the left-hand side of the page the same colour as the metal pillar in the image, to keep a running colour through the photo and the background. I then wrote 'I Am One' in size 80, and changed the font style to 'Plastic Button 009', as I felt that this font and colour went with the band's overall image. I then wrote up all the little links seen above, like 'Videos' and 'Biography', and made them all the same font style, but made their size 20, as I wanted the main emphasis to be on the band's name.To make the homepage seem more authentic, I found pictures of the logos for various social networking sites, like Youtube and Facebook, on Google, and added them to the bottom of the page, having looked at other bands' websites. To finish off the website, I sliced the page in to various different parts, to create the links for each button. I decided that the user would have to click on the band's name to go back to the homepage, further emphasising the name of the band. I then created links for each slice I had created, linking all the social networking pictures, at the bottom of the website, to their respective websites.
I wasn't able to add the music video on to the website, as we don't have the right software to do this at school, which was a bit disappointing, as I feel like the website that I have created is lacking authenticity as it is now.
Click here to see the website.
No comments:
Post a Comment