Monday, 5 April 2010

How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?


This image shows the logos of all the different software and websites that I used in the construction, research, planning and evaluation stages of my work.

1. Google: This website was used as the main search engine throughout my project. I used it whenever I needed to find information about other artists in the research stages or when I needed to find images for this blog or for my digipak. Google was extremely helpful, as I was always able to find what I needed using it.

2. Youtube: This website was used as a means of finding other music videos and films to give us inspiration for our own, in the research stages. It was also extremely easy to embed videos on to the blog, using this website.

3. Corel Photo-paint: This software was used to practice and create my digipak, and to save screenshots at school, to illustrate my blog. As a beginner, I found it very difficult to use, but as I got in to it, I got the hang of it, and was able to create my digipak covers, which can be seen on earlier posts. It was particularly helpful for layering images on top of each other. One problem I found with this was that I had to do this all at school, as I don't have this software on my computer.

4. Microsoft Paint:
This software is a much more basic version of Corel Photo-paint, but when I was at home, this is what I had to use. I used this regularly to save screenshots at home, to illustrate the blog, and found it was very easy to crop images using this software. However, I found it extremely hard to layer images on top of each other.

5. Microsoft Word: This software was used to create bar charts and pie charts to illustrate the feedback from audience, which can be seen in earlier posts. It was also used to create the tables for my risk assessments, which can also be seen in earlier posts. I found this software to be really reliable, and easy to use. It also made it extremely easy to copy and paste the charts to the blog.

6. Myspace: I used the website, Myspace, to find images of the band for the digipak and the website. As it is the band's main social networking website, the easiest way to contact them was via this website, so before using their pictures, we asked for permission using this website as well.
Bold
7. Blogger:
Clearly, this website was used to post information on my research, planning and evaluation as it happened. I found it very easy to use, and was easily able to post pictures and videos up as well.

8. Adobe Premiere Pro: This software was used to capture and edit our music video. I have already written posts about it, but it was easy to use to cut our footage. Also, we were able to use lots of different transitions and effects.

9. Adobe Fireworks: This software was used to create my website. It was quite easy to use, as it seemed to be just like creating a big image. The links were easy to create using the html box at the bottom as well. One really good thing about this software is that it gives a wide range of fonts and colours, so no website is the same as the next.

10. Windows Media Player: This software was used to show the audience our finished music video, during the post-production questionnaire. As all computers have this software, it was very practical and easy to use.

11. Windows Movie Maker: I used this software to create the video of our pre-production storyboard, which can be seen in an earlier post. Though this software was easy to use, it was a very long and time-consuming process.

No comments:

Post a Comment